Product of the Show
IFEX has long been recognised as being a national platform for thousands of fantastic products, from the bigger well-known companies to small independent producers, who are creating innovative and niche goods to meet with rising customer expectations.
The Product of the Show Awards looks to highlight the most innovative products on show at IFEX and entries are judged by an independent panel of experts.
Tell us about your product. Why is it innovative? Why should it win?
The 10 short-listed products will be announced in February and then showcased at the front of the show for all to see. Finalists receive a gold, silver or bronze accolade, and an overall winner will be announced on stage at the show in March.
If you think your product is innovative and offers up a pioneering business solution then these awards are for you!
- Must be an exhibitor at IFEX 2020
- Must show creativity and originality within it's sector
- The product must be fit for purpose and benefit end users
Deadline for entries: 27th January 2020
The 2018 Winner
Stephens Catering Equipment were awarded Overall Product of the Show for its Kopa 400 Charcoal Oven and BBQ Grill. The judges were looking for all-round excellence among the exhibitors’ products in categories such as catering equipment, food & drink, sustainability and technology.
Adrian McLaughlin, one of the judges, comments: “Stephens Catering Equipment was a very worthy winner. The Charcoal Oven and BBQ Grill stood out for its innovation, design and is a great product with real benefit to the end user."
“All of the finalists’ products were extremely impressive and they’re great examples of the innovative food, drink, retail and hospitality products and solutions that were exhibited at IFEX.”
The 2018 Judges
A graduate of Northern Ireland Hotel and Catering College, Adrian McLaughlin has been General Manager at Kildare’s 4 Star Carton House Hotel since 2014. Previously he served as President of the Northern Irish Hotels Federation and as a Board Member at Belfast Visitor and Convention Bureau.
Having trained in Culinary Arts at the Dublin Institute of Technology, Chef Jack Duffy has served as Head Chef at the Castleknoc Hotel & Country Club, Elephant & Castle and the Boyne Valley Hotel.
The 2018 Finalists
- Ballymaloe Beetroot 2.8kg from Ballymaloe Foods, Stand F36
- Causeway Prime Chuck, Shin & Short Rib Patty from Lynas Foodservice, Stand B15
- Electrolux Speedelight from Massey For Catering Equipment, Stand A14
- GENIE from Initial Washroom Hygiene, Stand A21
- Handcrafted Artisan Gelato from Lick Gelato Ltd, Stand F12
- Handcrafted Water Jugs from Moville Pottery, Stand F16
- Intrex SET 1101 - Cylindrical Label Machine from Codico Distributors NI, Stand
- Irish Biltong from The Irish Biltong Company, Stand M25
- Kin Toffee Vodka Minatures (50ml) from Kin Toffee Vodka, Stand F80
- Kopa 400 Charcoal Oven & BBQ Grill from Stephens Catering Equipment Co, Stand C31
- Morelli's 950ml & 125ml Retail Packs from Morelli Ice Cream, Stand B30
- Savortex Hand Dryers from Clearpower, Stand G12
- Suki Tea App from Suki Tea, Stand B23
- VanPOS from B.N.E. Electronics Ltd, Stand D2
- Wild Game Mix Roulade Pudding from Wild Irish Game Ltd, Stand M11