Product of the Show
IFEX has long been recognised as being a national platform for thousands of fantastic products, from the bigger well-known companies and also from small independent producers, who are creating innovative and niche goods to meet with rising customer expectations.
The prestigious Product of the Show Awards look to highlight the most innovative products on show at IFEX and Meat@IFEX. The shortlist will be on display in the show entrance and the winners will be unveiled on March 20th at the stage in the ChefSkills Theatre.
A graduate of Northern Ireland Hotel and Catering College, Adrian McLaughlin has been General Manager at Kildare’s 4 Star Carton House Hotel since 2014. Previously he served as President of the Northern Irish Hotels Federation and as a Board Member at Belfast Visitor and Convention Bureau.
Having trained in Culinary Arts at the Dublin Institute of Technology, Chef Jack Duffy has served as Head Chef at the Castleknoc Hotel & Country Club, Elephant & Castle and the Boyne Valley Hotel.
- Ballymaloe Beetroot 2.8kg from Ballymaloe Foods, Stand F36
- Causeway Prime Chuck, Shin & Short Rib Patty from Lynas Foodservice, Stand B15
- Electrolux Speedelight from Massey For Catering Equipment, Stand A14
- GENIE from Initial Washroom Hygiene, Stand A21
- Handcrafted Artisan Gelato from Lick Gelato Ltd, Stand F12
- Handcrafted Water Jugs from Moville Pottery, Stand F16
- Intrex SET 1101 - Cylindrical Label Machine from Codico Distributors NI, Stand
- Irish Biltong from The Irish Biltong Company, Stand M25
- Kin Toffee Vodka Minatures (50ml) from Kin Toffee Vodka, Stand F80
- Kopa 400 Charcoal Oven & BBQ Grill from Stephens Catering Equipment Co, Stand C31
- Morelli's 950ml & 125ml Retail Packs from Morelli Ice Cream, Stand B30
- Savortex Hand Dryers from Clearpower, Stand G12
- Suki Tea App from Suki Tea, Stand B23
- VanPOS from B.N.E. Electronics Ltd, Stand D2
- Wild Game Mix Roulade Pudding from Wild Irish Game Ltd, Stand M11
Product of the Show 2016 Winners
Recognising the very best innovation and development within the industry, ten products have been shortlisted from the 140 plus exhibitors – including food, drinks, packaging, equipment and technology.
The finalists included Yummy Bakes, Paganini, Blazin Digital, Suki Tea, Tamnagh Foods, Glass 2 Sand, Dunnet Bay Distillery Ltd, Food Safe System, Butterfly Cup and SousVide Tools.
As the competition was so tough the judges decided to split the award in to equipment and food & drink. The 2016 winners were....